Miss Brard's latest news
* On December 12th, SBS6's home renovation show De Grote Huisverbouwing (hosted by Patty Brard) attracted 242.000 viewers (market share: 4.7%).
* Here are the latest viewing figures of Shownieuws (SBS6's entertainment news program featuring Patty Brard as a showbiz expert):
December 8th: 488.000 viewers/market share: 16.4%
December 9th: 454.000 viewers/market share: 14.6%
December 10th: 434.000 viewers/market share: 12.4%
During the December 8th broadcast, Patty and her Shownieuws colleagues reacted to Princess Amalia's recent speech at the Council of the State.
During the same broadcast, Patty discussed Gordon's recent Instagram post. The larger-than-life singer and TV personality posted a video of himself with a person with Friedreich's ataxia (a disease that causes difficulty walking, a loss of sensation in the arms and legs, and impaired speech that worsens over time). Gordon pushes the man with reduced mobility in a wheelchair through a fountain in this feel-good video. That was a wish of the gentleman in question. Gordon added a text that said "I'm curious whether @boulevardnieuws or @shownieuws will broadcast this? Probably not because this is too positive about me and it doesn't damage my image!". In his message, Gordon, who has been facing backlash from the Dutch tabloids and the general public, targeted Holland's entertainment news shows. Patty, who is very critical of Gordon, said: "He thought we were going to be very cynical again. We don't need his sneer. He knows we are going to refer to it again in our evening edition".
In the December 9th broadcast, Patty discussed the Marco Borsato controversy. Last month, the accusations of sexual misconduct with an underage girl caused a scandal in the Netherlands. Borsato's lawyers made a statement in which the singer didn't deny the rumours about illegal sex. "What's fascinating is that he doesn't say if it happened or not. It's more like "Guys, who's spreading this rumour about me?". He doesn't say it's a lie. It's more about the gossips. Is it tactical?" Patty told.
In the December 10th broadcast, Patty talked about Marco Borsato again. "Now, I pay a lot of attention to my words, because after that statement, I said to myself: "I also belong to the press and I don't want to be sued because he threatened the celebrity gossips circuit with legal action," Patty said.
* Last week's edition of Story magazine featured an article about Patty's breast reduction five years ago. Click here to read an excerpt from it.
* La Brard graces the cover of the latest issue of Weekend magazine with a headline that says "Patty Brard's first Christmas without her mother. Fortunately, there's her daughter".
* Today's edition of De Telegraaf features an interview with Patty Brard in its Privé (entertainment news) section. The former Luv' singer will celebrate Christmas with her daughter Priscilla more than one year after their reconciliation. Mother and daughter enjoyed good moments with grandma Gerda earlier this year before she passed away.
When asked if Patty saw Priscilla often, the diva answered: "Yes. She and her husband moved to Hilversum, because his children live there within cycling distance of their mother and also because it is currently easier to find a nice house there than in Amsterdam. For the first time in her life, Priscilla has decorated a Christmas tree at home and I sometimes dine there before I go to Shownieuws. Sometimes, we also lunch together. It's surprising how much we look alike".
When asked if "All's well that ends well?", Patty replied: “It gets even better! Recently Priscilla's father Carlo had good news. He works for an Irish company against cybercrime. They are looking for an office in Amsterdam. “So I'll be around a lot more often,” he announced, and I like that. On behalf of Antoine, I told him that our door is always open and that he is always welcome. The family is not only complete again, but even larger. My son-in-law is a contractor and has built a great canopy here. His children also came to have a look and the oldest already showed that he was very happy with such an unexpected, extra grandmother... with a house in Ibiza!.
Source: SBS6, SKO, Mediacourant, Story, Weekend, De Telegraaf