Chimène van Oosterhout's autumn news (October - December 2022)
* Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness of the disease and raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure.
As a former breast cancer patient, Chimène van Oosterhout frequently takes part in events to raise public awareness about this issue.
On October 16th, the ex-Luv' singer hosted the "BRA-bant verbindt: BRA connecting" event organized by the YvYa foundation at the Op Noord-Actief Ontmoeten pavilion in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. On this occasion, the participants pimped bras and tried to make the longest bar garland to shed light on the early warning scan, which detects breast cancer at an early stage.
* Last month, Chimène discussed her friendship with the Dutch media personality Tanja Jess in Party magazine. "At first, we didn't like each other. Tanja and I used to run into each other in Eindhoven's nightlife. We have known each other since high school, when Tanja and I were fourteen, fifteen, sixteen. Our friendship started when we both had just become mothers and had to do a screen test. In the beginning, I thought she was cold and ambitious. I later saw a different side of Tanja. I found her vulnerable and saw that she just worked hard, just like me, to earn her money. To cut a long story short, what makes her a perfect friend is that she will do everything for you. She is sweet and humorous and also has excellent standards and values. That's pretty rare in the showbiz world,” Chimène said.
Click here to read an excerpt from the article in Party.
* Recently, Chimène van Oosterhout and therapist/life coach Ashkaine Hora Adema appeared on episode 4 of Tanja Jess' podcast "Kaarten op Tafel" (in association with Margriet women's magazine) to discuss the empty nest syndrome. Some mothers feel grief and lonely when their children move out of the family home.
Click here to listen to the podcast.
* The December issue of Beau Monde magazine features an article about Chimène who survived three breast cancers.
* Chimène writes a monthly column for WendyOnline.nl (Wendy van Dijk's online platform specialising in women's issues).
Click here to read her column about life after breast cancer, posted on October 25th.
Click here to read her column posted on December 3rd, in which she explains that to improve the world, you have to start with yourself.
* The December issue of Annemarie's Health magazine features an article about Chimène as a power woman over 50 who shares tips and secrets to remain radiant, healthy and happy.
* On December 14th, Chimène announced on Instagram that she would take part in Alpe d'HuZes on June 1st, 2023.
Alpe d'HuZes is a unique sporting event where as much money as possible is raised for cancer research. 5000 participants will bike, hike or run the Alpe d'Huez.
Source: Chimène van Oosterhout on social media (Instagram, Facebook), Yvya, Party, Margriet, Beau Monde, Annemarie's Health, Alpe d'HuZes